Access and Safety
Child specific safety equipment includes:
- a cot in the master bedroom
- a high chair
- fire guard
- 3 pressure-fit stair gates which you can use to secure individual rooms or the stairs (top or bottom). It is not possible to isolate the kitchen due to the width of the entrance arch, but the utility room can be secured, and it is recommended that parties with small children remove all hazards from the kitchen (eg sharp knives and cleaners) into the utility, and secure with a stair gate.
General health and safety:
- Smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and blankets are provided in line with our fire risk assessment.
- Nearest casualty dept is 6.5 miles away – Treliske Hospital, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3LJ. Tel: 01872 250000
- Nearest pharmacy just over 2 miles away - Boots at 55 Vicarage Road, St Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0TH. Tel: 01872 552340
- Nearest GP surgery is just over 1 mile away - Mount Hawke Surgery. Short Cross Road Mount Hawke Truro Cornwall TR48UE. Tel: 01209 890999
- Nearest dentist is just over 2 miles away - St Agnes Dental Practice. York House, 9 British Road, St. Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0TX. Tel: 01872 552353
The beach is popular amongst local surfers and holiday makers. As such, there can be strong currents. There is a safety information board on the beach, plus a lifeguard service (not all year round).
The property is not fully equiped for disabled access, however:
- parking is available at the front of the house for 3 cars.
- there are only a couple of steps up into the property (no handrails).
- one double bedroom is on the ground floor, and with no steps on this floor, there is easy access to the downstairs cloakroom (although this does not comprise a shower or bath).
- the 400 yard walk to the beach is level, and with no steps.
- the blue bar overlooks the beach, and serves snacks and drinks during the day for those who don't feel up to a full day on the beach. There are steps up to the bar, but a handrail is provided.